Friday, January 16, 2009

Priorities...

Late last week, they were predicting that my area would be hit with a pretty sizable snow storm. Since the weather people were being all doom and gloom about it, grocery stores were packed on Friday with people trying to make sure they had the necessities to get them through the weekend.

So, around 8 Friday night, I started to cast on a project. And around 8:30, I came to the realization that the stitches would not all fit on the needles I had. Now, the logical thing would have been to switch to a different project, for which I had all the necessary materials.

But that's not what I did. I decided that since seriously cold weather was being predicted, I just HAD to make myself a calorimetry. And I couldn't bear the thought of a snowed in weekend wasted because I didn't have the right knitting supplies. So at 8:30 on a Friday night, I threw on some sweats and high-tailed it to AC Moore (which closes at 9).

When I charged into the store on my mission, the clerk immediately informed me they would be closing shortly. I told her I understood. That I just needed one thing and I would be in and out very quickly. I got my needles and went up to the register. The clerk looked confused. I guess she'd never witnessed a needle emergency before. I felt I needed to explain. I'm still not sure why. So I explained. My needles are too short. It's going to snow... I wanted to make sure I was ready...

The response I got? "Wow.... ya know, most people just stock up on food before a storm..."

2 comments:

  1. Haha, that's pretty funny. You'd think a clerk at AC Moore would see needle emergencies all the time, as some LYSs aren't open that late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we know she isn't a knitter! We all know having all we need for a project before a storm is much more improtant than food!!!!

    ReplyDelete