Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Santa reads my blog!

And I must have been a VERY good crafty bitch this year! The amazing gifts I got for Christmas will be providing fodder for this blog for quite a little bit, I think so I'm not going to go into the details of everything I got right now. But for starters, let's just say that my wishes of receiving the Handmade Nation documentary were heard and answered.
I watched it yesterday and it was amazing. Honestly, I would recommend it to any of you. A word of warning, though. You've probably figured out by now that I'm sort of a serial crafter. Some people stick to just knitting or crocheting or whatever but not me. I'm sort of all over the map. Knitting one day, sewing the next, making candles another day. Honestly I try anything that looks interesting to me. That's where this movie gets a little dangerous.
I watched it with notebook and pen in hand and I now have a list of about 10 new crafts I'm planning to experiment with. As if I have the time.
On the plus side, it means I'll have plenty to write about. Anyway, for now, the gist is, see this movie. Either buy the DVD, which I now am very happy to own, or go to one of the nationwide screenings that are listed on the link I gave above.

No comments:

Post a Comment