Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lesson Learned

This Christmas, I decided to give quite a few handcrafted gifts (I'll post more about them once they've been gifted-- don't want to spoil any surprises). Anyway, a few, but not all are knitted gifts. And I've been totally hauling ass to get everything done but it's still looking like I'm going to run out of time, not to mention that I'm completely sleep deprived at this point. Don't get me wrong, most everything will be finished on time, with one exception. One gift I'm making for BF will most likely not be finished in time to be wrapped and under the tree Christmas morning. It looks like it will at least be close enough to show it to him with the promise that I'll finish it by the end of the weekend. But still, it's not the same. No pretty presentation. No wow factor when it's still on the needles and has strings dangling.
So here's the lesson I've learned: When making handcrafted gifts for someone you live with, plan waaaaaaaaay more than a month in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment